La Fête du Cinéma 'French Film Festival UK'




The French Film Festival UK started on the 7th of November and it has been great so far. I was able to watch one of the biggest films of this year’s festival 'Diplomatie' or 'Diplomacy in English. This film has a superb cast and great acting.André Dussollier as Raoul Nordling is very convincing in this role and he plays this role very well. The audience can’t help but fall in love with his kind nature. Niles Arestrup as General Ivon Choltitz is also very good in his role and the audience is able to sympathise with him at times.  

   


 Although the film is based mostly in one room the in depth conversation that takes place between the two characters is what keeps the audience engaged. I felt as if my eyes were literally glued to the screen as I watched the dialogue between the two actors I found this film to be truly magnificent.

I must be honest when I say I did not expect this film to be as good as it turned out to be. Reading the synopsis for the film did not make me excited about seeing it. However after watching this film I was pleasantly surprised and I encourage others to watch this film. It gives a great account of what may have taken place in European history. 

In one night Paris was saved. Great story I loved every minute of this film.










 





Comments