Apo Mechanics Village-Abuja




 
Today I have been  thinking about my documentary making days while living in Abuja. One of my favourite documentaries was about Apo Mechanics Village in Abuja, Nigeria. It is a mechanics village where car parts of any kind can be found. I had the honour of making a documentary about this village for the Australian High Commission along with some young Nigerian film makers. I was so lucky to work on this project while living in Abuja.
 
Australian Film maker Jolyon Hoff, me and the crew

 I also had the opportunity to do some presenting in the documentary. This village is like no other place I have ever been to. It was a great experience for me. Looking back on it today, I remember how fun it was being involved in this type of project and being able to work with Jolyon Hoff a well-known Australian film maker. 

 Jolyon Hoff and I

 Being in the market was an out of this world experience people thought we were from CNN and they all seemed interested to know what was going on, and who we were. Others wanted payment when they saw us with a camera and a crew.

                                                           Filming a great shot

At times it got a little risky but I have always had a sense of adventure so I just kept filming and getting some of the best shots. Honestly, I don’t think any young woman should go to this market alone. I was fine because I went with Jolyon and our amazing my crew.

You can watch the final version of this documentary on the link provided below.






Comments